We all love chocolate brownies. They are certainly a welcome addition at any tea party you host to help raise funds for GAIN. Why not try out this recipe for vegan chocolate brownies – it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser, whether your guests are vegan or not!
460g light muscovado sugar
300g plain flour
120g smooth peanut butter
160g cocoa powder
220ml vegetable oil
120g raspberry jam
50g dark chocolate
2tbsp crushed peanuts
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- Grease and line a medium sized cake tin and preheat the oven to 160C.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a food processor and mix.
- Add 30g of the peanut butter, the water, vegetable oil and vanilla and blend until it’s mixed well.
- Break the chocolate into squares, add to the mixture and blend again.
- Pour the brownie mix into the cake tin and smooth it out so it’s spread evenly across the tin.
- Pour the jam and peanut butter across the top of the mix and dot the raspberries and crushed peanuts about.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until it’s cooked but still soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool and then carefully cut into squares.
- Throw a tea party and share with friends!